.. I can’t wait to have a family to do this with! ..
.. a dream in a closet ..
- I love organic food. I can taste the difference and hopefully I’ll soon start feeling it.
- Marrying a man is putting your life on the line. You’re asking someone to promise to love you, promise to make conversation, promise to be your permanent plus one…. for the rest of your life. That’s a big promise.
- I am marrying a man who loves me, makes amazing conversation and looks oh so good as my plus one
- There is never a smooth way to transition from one job to another, but hopefully this week I’ve done okay
- ANZAC Day is important to me. I am very proud to be an Australian and I hope the honour that we pay of Service men and women never ever comes to an end
- I am addicted to seriously bad tv, bad but oh so good
- I love love love to travel, but there is no place to raise a family like Australia
- Road-trips are as fun as the movies make them out to be
- Friendships are like any relationship, they take time, love and forgivness. There is a lot that can be miss-interrupted. Communication is the key
- All things work together for good
… Please kill me now
Here I am, writing my first ever post on Miss (soon to be Mrs.) Brittany Snow’s blog. When she asked me if I’d like to contribute, I accepted without question. I’ve always valued Britts thoughts. Like mine, they are whimsical and romantic, yet real and assured. With an ever racing mind of wonderful inspiring ideas, we have built a friendship on cupcakes and good coffee, fashion magazines and Sex and The City, good vintage finds and a love of New York. Not to mention the quest for the perfect body and boy (note: she has both now, and sorry Josh, it’s Ryan Gosling).
When we were brainstorming ideas of where to take my one post each week, we both seemed to agree on the same thing: a list. You see, a girl can never have too many. She needs to know where she’s going, what’s she’s doing and why she’s doing it, and for organised freaks like myself, making a list simply reassures us that we won’t go insane when we see just how much we actually have to achieve.
But really, the equation is simple: when you write something down, it’s there, ever-present in your mind and in your life. You can’t escape it; even scribbling it out won’t help. And just like your thoughts, those inked-up words will linger until something is done about them, and that my friend, is where motivation is born.
So how will this work? Each week I will create a list. It can be about any given subject, but namely and most probably, it will be about things I have learned; things I want to learn or simply things I think you should learn about. Really, the possibility are endless, and that’s why I love blogging. And along the way I will be sure to throw in some inspiration for the bride-to-be, as well as some much-needed single gal advice for the rest of us.
I think this will be fun, so if you don’t mind me I have a list to go and write. See you real soon.
– J xx.