This was definitely my hardest ‘top 5’ list so far. I mean, how could I choose just 5 romantic films when I love about 100? Well, somehow I managed to (though it took a while). Also, you may be surprised to see that I ended up leaving out classics like: Pretty Women, Casablanca, Titanic, When Harry Met Sally and Love Actually. Not to say that I don’t love all those films, but for this list I decided to rather go with films that I was more inclined to watch right now.
1. The Holiday – Two women swap homes for a holiday and both end up finding love. Such a very sweet film and the cast is perfect (if you have not seen it, go watch it)
2. Romeo + Juliet (directed by Baz Luhrmann) – There have been quite a few film adaptations of Shakespeare’s book over the years, but this is by far my favourite. Plus, it has a really great soundtrack.
3. The Notebook – It’s damn near impossible to watch this film without getting teary-eyed. It’s ridiculously romantic and beautiful.
4. Before Sunset – This is the sequel to the film ‘Before Sunrise’, which is also brilliant. I love the dialogue in both films. If you have not seen this film yet, I would recommend that you watch the first one before this one.
5. Serendipity – A really great romantic-comedy that tells the story of two people who meet by chance in New York one night and fate brings them back together years later.
1. Never show up to a dinner/party/thing without something in your hands
2. Leaving clothes wet in the washing machine will make the colours run
3. Always overdress, rather than underdress, for a job interview
4. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar
5. Woody Allen makes weird films
6. If you condense all of your shopping purchases into one bag, it softens the blow on your husband
7. If you’ve married a good man, he won’t mind how many shopping bags you come home with
8. Plain flour can’t be substituted with self-raising flour
9. “Don’t marry for money, but don’t be silly enough to fall for someone without any”
10. You can’t make new old friends
What have you learnt from your mama?
We had the most magical honeymoon. Tasmania, defiantly not where I had ever imagined going, especially for my honeymoon. Now, I wish we could go back! #discoveringplacestogether #balinext #love
This is my favourite quote. My Dad bought me this print and we have only just gotten around to putting it up (we will probably get kicked out for putting a hole in the wall, but it’s well worth it)
Lavender is a protector, evil hates it. When you feel emotional or overwhelmed, go to silence and put lavender in your bath water or on your bed. When you get out, put a few lavender drops in a towel and rub yourself down with it. Your skin radiates the flower essence and the negative feelings back off. You become more free, less attacked.