For in case I am ever blessed with daughters, I have started this list. (yes, I will be a mum with a list)
- Whole grains and fresh fruit are good choices. but a cupcake is worth every calorie.
- If you’re asking yourself if you should have another drink, the answer is probably ‘no’
- Never shake someone’s hand sitting down. Your grandad always told me this, and since he is wise, you should listen.
- A woman is ‘pregnant’ not ‘preggers’.
- Your sexuality is not a bargaining chip in the negotiation of life. Dont trade on it, it is something specifically and only yours to explore and enjoy with someone you love. If you treat it as anything less, youre just gambling away your shot at true intimacy in pursuit of a false sense of worth.
- Champagne is for sipping. Trust me.
- Sometimes you just have to cry it out. Crying can be therapeutic, it’s a girl thing. Just don’t do it at work.
- Always treat people well. What goes around, comes around.
- Return your shopping trolley. An abandoned trolly in the middle of a car park implies a sense of entitlement. Someone has to put it away, and that someone should be you.
- Leggings are not pants.
- Not everyone is going to like you and thats just fine.
- Be generous. with your time, your money, your heart. If there was a single lesson I could hope on my best day to impart to you, this would be it.
more to come …