It’s really quite simple- find what it is that makes you happy and who it is that makes you happy… and you’re set. Promise.
That’s who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of.John Gree
For in case I am ever blessed with daughters, I have started this list. (yes, I will be a mum with a list)
- Whole grains and fresh fruit are good choices. but a cupcake is worth every calorie.
- If you’re asking yourself if you should have another drink, the answer is probably ‘no’
- Never shake someone’s hand sitting down. Your grandad always told me this, and since he is wise, you should listen.
- A woman is ‘pregnant’ not ‘preggers’.
- Your sexuality is not a bargaining chip in the negotiation of life. Dont trade on it, it is something specifically and only yours to explore and enjoy with someone you love. If you treat it as anything less, youre just gambling away your shot at true intimacy in pursuit of a false sense of worth.
- Champagne is for sipping. Trust me.
- Sometimes you just have to cry it out. Crying can be therapeutic, it’s a girl thing. Just don’t do it at work.
- Always treat people well. What goes around, comes around.
- Return your shopping trolley. An abandoned trolly in the middle of a car park implies a sense of entitlement. Someone has to put it away, and that someone should be you.
- Leggings are not pants.
- Not everyone is going to like you and thats just fine.
- Be generous. with your time, your money, your heart. If there was a single lesson I could hope on my best day to impart to you, this would be it.
more to come …
T- I don't like men with tattoos on their faces, they scare memouths of babes
B- Good, go with that. You don't marry those men
T- I know, I doubt I would ever kiss one
There is beauty in the challenges, the hard decisions, the life transitions. Seasons that feel like they swallow you whole and spit out your bones. In your choices that alter your thoughts, and the choices others make which alter your heart, there is beauty. When you’re overwhelmed because you don’t have all the pretty answers. During the times where no path feels right, where you fall flat on your face and the times where you don’t know what to do next. There is beauty.These are the times that stretch us to become greater than we ever imagined ourselves to be. These are the times that cracked us wide opened and enabled us to rise to the next level. These are the times that make us. Make us see that the world isn’t black and white. These are the pivotal moments where it is up to us to stay stuck or dive in. To choose to wear your heart on your sleeve and gamble on someone, because if it works out… well, it would change your life. Choose to step out, to leap, to dive in. Perhaps this very instant is our time.
//// I think it’s time for a few canon balls, friends! Let’s dive together////
On the stage they stand, like statues waiting for the world to end.The crowd walks in and sees the make up, and thinks it’s make up.They see the tricks, and think they’re tricks.They see a shot ring out from what they think is a toy gun and someone dies, again.And as I leave, one of them presses a note into my hand.
“It’s not pretend. It’s all real. Please help me.”
I’ve read it.